Documentation : Medicaid Service Coordination Notes (MSC Notes)
Medicaid Service Coordination (MSC) is an ongoing Medicaid State Plan service that requires monthly face-to-face contact between the individual and the Service Coordinator. Its overall objective is to ensure that the MSC Program is flexible and each person receives the necessary assistance from his or her service coordinator on time.
|Users with the MSC Coordinator role will be able to view and submit MSC notes.
Users with the MSC Supervisor role will be able to view, submit and approve MSC notes.
In order to create a new MSC note, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the New link in the ‘MSC Notes’ area in your Individual tab.
- In the ‘Select Program for Medicaid Service Coordination Notes’ page, select the appropriate program from the list.
- Once you have selected the program, select the individual from the ‘Select Individual for Medicaid Service Coordination Notes’ page.
- In the next page, select month and year for creating MSC Notes and click on the Next button.
- Enter necessary information in different sections of the MSC Notes. You may add MSC Signatures/Initials, information regarding ISP Review and ISP Update, LCED and Face to Face Contact details with the individual. You will also be able to record information on Referral/Linkage, Benefits Management or Monitoring Activities.
- In the ‘ICF/IDD Level of Care Eligibility Determination’ section, enter the ‘Date LCED was completed’ if ‘the Level of Care Eligibility Determination (LCED) completed this month’ is selected as ‘Yes’.
- Click on the Add Face-to-Face Contact button in order to add the face to face contact in the MSC Note. In order to remove the face contact, click on the Delete This Face-to-Face Contact link.
- In order to add ‘Referral / Linkage, Benefits Management, or Monitoring Activities’ please click on the Add Monitoring Activities button.
- To remove any ‘Referral / Linkage, Benefits Management, or Monitoring Activities’ please click on the Delete This Activity link.
- Enter detailed information regarding the services such as individual satisfaction level, significant changes, concerns, etc. in the ‘Monthly Summary’ section.
- You may add your electronic signature to the form by checking the option.
- After the MSC Note is saved, the signature can no longer be removed.
- For the field Is The MSC Billable, select Yes to make the MSC billable, or No otherwise. You will not be able to approve an MSC Note without selecting an option for this field.
Release 2016.2.0: For this field, users can now select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ option, previously there was a checkbox for this field. The ‘No’ option will be automatically selected for the MSC Notes created prior to this release, where the checkbox for this field was unselected.
- Click on the Add File button to attach a document. You may also click on the Scan File button to scan a document which will be attached to the MSC Note. Please note that you will be able to attach only one document in the ‘Attachment(s)’ section in the MSC Note. The file size can be of maximum 3 MB.
- After clicking on the Add File button, a pop-up window will appear where you will be able to attach a file. Click on the Browse button to locate the document in your computer. Once done, enter the ‘Description’ and click on the Upload button to attach the document in the MSC Note.
- You may remove the attached file by clicking on the Remove link.
- Once you have entered all necessary information, you may click on the Save, Submit or Approve button depending on your access privilege.
For step by step instructions, please refer to the sections below:
- Click on the Save button to save the MSC Notes.
- The following success message will be displayed once you have saved the form. You may click on the Print PDF link to generate a PDF file of the MSC Notes. You may click on the Back To Individual List link to go back to the individual list or click on the Back to Program List link to return to the program list.
- You may open the saved form and make further changes. MSC Notes that are in ‘In Prep’ status can be deleted.
- Click on the Submit button for submitting the MSC Notes.
- The following success message will be displayed once you have submitted the form. You may click on the Print PDF link to generate a PDF file of the MSC Notes. You may also click on the Back to Search Results link to return to the search results.
- Users will be able to access the Return to Submitter, Save, Approve and Delete buttons at the bottom of the MSC Notes that are in ‘Pending Approval’ status.
- Click on the Approve button for approving the MSC Notes.
- The following success message will be displayed once you have approved the form. You may click on the Print PDF link to generate a PDF file of the MSC Notes. You may also click on the Back to Search Results link to return to the search results.
- Users with the MSC Supervisor role are able to approve MSC Notes. Once an MSC Note is approved, it can either be saved or discontinued.
- Click on the Search link in the ‘MSC Notes’ section in the Individual tab of your Dashboard.
- On the ‘Medicaid Service Coordination Notes Search’ page enter all the appropriate search parameters.
- Hab Plan and Hab Checklist Mapping For NY Users
- ISP Plan – New York
- Add Addendum to an ISP Plan – New York
- Habilitation Plan – New York
- Hab Checklist – New York
- Hab Checklist For Pre Vocational Services – New York
- ISP Program Template For Supervised IRA – New York
- Supervised IRA Hab Checklist – New York
- Billing Checklist Report – New York
- Billing Checklist For Pre Vocational Services – New York
- MSC Notes – New York
- MSC Signature – New York
- Mobile ISP Data For NY Users