Documentation : Create New GER
- Event Information
- Adding Event
- General Information
- State Specific Information
- Completing Other Sections and Submitting the GER
Users with the GER Submit role can create new incident reports and submit them for approval. They may also save partially completed reports, which will appear in the GER Worklist. Please follow the steps below to create a new GER:
- From your Dashboard, click on the New link beside ‘General Event Reports (GER)’ option on the Individual tab.
- Select the appropriate program from the list (if you have access privileges to more than one program).
- Select the individual from the list. This will open a new GER form.
- In the ‘Profile Information’ section, select the for the incident (it defaults to the current date). Other fields are auto populated.
- In the field use the calendar button to select the date when the event occurred (it defaults to the current date).
- If the event occurred anywhere outside of the agency’s physical location, choose the appropriate location from the drop-down menu in the field.
- Add a description of what happened before the event.
- Complete the ‘Location Address’ section (if on site, you can check the box for and it will auto-fill).
field is required if is selected as ‘USA’ or ‘Canada’.
- Click on the appropriate event type in the ‘Add Event’ section. This will open another window with a more specific event information form for each event type:
- Medication Error
- Restraint Related to Behavior
- Restraint Other
For more information on adding specific events, click here.
- Add necessary information in the ‘General Information’ section.
- If the option Yes is selected for Abuse Suspected?, Neglect Suspected?, and Exploitation Suspected?, then it is required to select an option from the dropdown for the respective fields.
- Click on the Add Notification Info button. This will open a pop-up window for adding notification information.
- In the ‘Notification Information’ page, fill out the notification details and click on the Add button at the bottom of the form.
|Release 2017.0.0: For users in Puerto Rico – On the Notification Information page of the GER form, a new option Joint Compliance Coordinator has been added to the ‘Person/Entity Notified’ drop down list.|
- Click on the particular state form to add specific information as required by the state.
Please refer to the State Specific GER Forms Guide for more information.
- Users with the GER Review role will be able to add review comments, update/add notifications, update/add information to ‘Actions Taken or Planned’
section, and add attachments to a GER that is in Pending Approval/In‐Prep/Returned status.
- ‘Review/Followup Comments’ section can be used by supervisors, incident coordinators, agency directors, case managers and others having the required privileges to further document anything related to this event. Photos can be added in this section by clicking on the New link beside field.
- You may add files in the ‘External Attachment(s)’ section. Click on the Add File button to add a file saved in your computer or click on the Scan File button to use your scanner to add a document.
Refer to the Document Scanning User Guide for more information.
- Click on the Save button to save the GER. You will find the GER with an In Prep status in your GER Worklist in the To Do tab of your Dashboard. Click on the Submit button to submit the GER for approval. Once submitted, the GER will no longer appear in the GER Worklist.
Related User Guides:
- Create New GER
- GER Event Category Rule
- Adding Events on a GER
- Edit GER
- Approve or Return GERs
- Review GERs
- View GER Update History
- Search GERs
- Enabling Access To Abuse Neglect Exploitation GERs
- Follow Up On A GER
- Delete GERs