Medicaid Service Coordination (MSC) is an ongoing Medicaid State Plan service that requires monthly face-to-face contact between the Individual and the Service Coordinator. Its overall objective is to ensure that the MSC Program is flexible and each person receives the necessary assistance from his or her service coordinator on time.
|Users with the MSC Coordinator role will only be able to view and submit MSC notes.
Users with the MSC Supervisor role will be able to view, submit and approve MSC notes.
Create New MSC Note
In order to create a new MSC note, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the New link in the Medicaid Service Coordination Notes section of the ISP and Habilitation Plan area of the FirstPage. You may also access the New link in the Individual tab in the MSC Notes area under the 'ISP and Habilitation Plan' section of your Dashboard.
- In the Select Program for Medicaid Service Coordination Notes page, select the appropriate Program from the list.
- Once you have selected the Program, select the Individual from the Select Individual for Medicaid Service Coordination Notes page.
- In the next page, select month and year for creating MSC Notes and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter necessary information in different sections of the MSC form. You may add MSC Signatures/Initials, information regarding ISP Review and ISP Update, LCED and Face to Face Contact details with the Individual. You will also be able to record information on Referral/Linkage, Benefits Management or Monitoring Activities.
- In the 'ICF/IDD Level of Care Eligibility Determination' section, please enter the 'Date LCED was completed' if 'the Level of Care Eligibility Determination (LCED) completed this month' is selected as 'Yes'.
- Please click on the 'Add Face Contact' button in order to add the face to face contact in the MSC Note. In order to remove the face contact, click on the Delete This Face-to-Face Contact link.
- In order to add 'Referral / Linkage, Benefits Management, or Monitoring Activities' please click on the 'Add Monitoring Activities' button.
- To remove any 'Referral / Linkage, Benefits Management, or Monitoring Activities' please click on the Delete This Activity link to remove the activity.
- Enter detailed information regarding the services such as Individual satisfaction level, significant changes, concerns, etc. in the Monthly Summary section.
- You may add your electronic signature to the form by checking the option.
- After the MSC Note for an Individual is saved, the signature can no longer be removed.
- Please check the option if needed.
- Click on the 'Add' button to attach a document. You may also click on the 'Scan' button to scan a document which will be attached to the MSC Note. Please note that you will be able to attach only one document in the Attachment section in the MSC Note. The file size can be of maximum 3 MB that can be attached in the MSC Note.
- A pop-up window will appear where you will be able to attach a file. Click on the 'Browse' button to locate the document in your computer.
- Once done, enter the 'File Description' and click on the 'Attach' button to attach the document in the MSC Note.
- You may remove the attached file by clicking on the 'Remove' button.
- Once you have entered all necessary information, you may ‘Save’, ‘Submit’ or ‘Approve’ the form depending on your Access Privilege.
For step by step instructions, please refer to the sections below:
Save MSC Note
[Back to Top]
- Click on the 'Save' button to save the MSC form. Once you save the form, it will be saved in the Worklist, so that you can work on it later.
- The following success message will be displayed once you have saved the form. You may click on the Print PDF link to generate a 'PDF' file of the MSC form. You may click on the Back To Individual List link to go back to the Individual list or click on the Back to Program List link to return to the Program list.
- You may open the saved from and it will be displayed as shown below. Please note that, MSC Notes that are in 'In Prep' status can be deleted.
Submit MSC Note
[Back to Top]
- Click on the 'Submit' button for submitting the MSC form. Once you submit the form, you can look for it by using the Search link beside the 'MSC Notes' option in the 'ISP and Habilitation Plan' area.
- The following success message will be displayed once you have submitted the form. You may click on the Print PDF link to generate a 'PDF' file of the MSC form. You may also click on the Back to Search Results link to return to the search results.
- You may open the submitted from and it will be displayed as shown below. Users will be able to access the 'Return to Submitter', 'Save', 'Approve' and 'Delete' buttons at the bottom of the MSC Notes that are in 'Pending Approval' status.
Approve MSC Note
[Back to Top]
- Click on the 'Approve' button for approving the MSC form. You may then view the list of approved forms by clicking on the Approve link beside the MSC Notes option.
- The following success message will be displayed once you have approved the form. You may click on the Print PDF link to generate a 'PDF' file of the MSC form. You may also click on the Back to Search Results link to return to the search results.
- You may open the approved from and it will be displayed as shown below. Users with the 'MSC Supervisor' role are able to approve MSC Notes. Once an MSC Note is approved, it can either be saved or discontinued